Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Today I start a new venture at Fennex AG!
Fennex offers augmented hearing through software-based solutions that enhance social experiences while overcoming challenging listening situations. At Fennex, we believe that joy comes from social connection, surprise and humanity. Therefore, we want to enhance the ability of people to connect one another in meaningful ways. Digitally-enabled conversations have the potential to make our social experiences effortless, inspiring and engaging. In forging communications we support self-expression, inspire passion and build confidence through a personal and communal sense of pride. This unleashes people's willingness to share, and allows them to do so without sound barriers. Fennex AG is an innovation driven start-up located in the Swiss Goldcoast on the Lake of Zürich. ‘A young and dynamic team made of marketing and engineering nerds’ - Fox
Friday, January 1, 2016
1. Every brand lover regularly uses a set of brands from several product categories to express his or her personality. Brand lovers have a simultaneous emotional connection with multiple brands in their daily life.
Brand communities will no longer form around a single brand (e.g. Nutella) but around a network of brands (e.g. Nutella + Apple + Mini + Gucci).
2. Brands see themselves at the very center of a relationship with thousands - if not millions - of consumers. A Brand Manager needs to realize the limited importance that people attribute to a single brand.
Brands will no longer be the focal point of brand community, single consumers with their sophisticated consumption habits will.
3. People out there have brand preferences that are similar to yours and current technology allows us to bring these invisible links to life enabling the creation of communities based on truly similar people.
Brand communities will be tailored to the brand preferences of the individual in any given moment.
4. Demographic variables such as sex, age group, and race fail to capture the essence of an individual. Brand Managers should stop analyzing segments of people and focus on the individual's needs and wants.
Consumers need to be envisioned and modeled not only as individuals, but as a complex and interrelated global network (i.e. social habits are equally important).
5. All brands, in every product category, have got at least one passionate consumer among those that ideate, build, distribute, sell, use, recommend it. Every Brand Manager should discover and connect to the most influential people for different business purposes (e.g. market research, product innovation, promotional activities, influential's program).
Direct consumer-brand collaboration will impact all brands and categories creating disintermediation in the marketing industry.
In synthesis, I believe that Brand Communities will be the great revolution that many envisioned (see Forrester) but not in the form that we used to conceptualize them.
Alex Mari - Founder of BrandMate
Saturday, May 9, 2015
if you want to stand still, walk and possibly run a marathon, you should spend resource finding the right cure to your body problems before you buy a new pair of shoes.
Implementing social processes and platforms is often half of the digital transformation effort.The other 50% of the effort involves changing leaders practices, behaviors, and mindset.
Despite its organization might not show characteristics of a classic social business (body) and it refuses to invest into social platforms (shoes), its leaders’ superpowers (mind) make the organization succeed in unconventional terrains where others systematically fail.
Apple is definitely a social business that builds one-to-one relationships in ways and terrains other companies cannot even conceive, showing that you don’t necessarily need to be on social media in order to be truly social.
What would Apple gain? What would its customers/stakeholders gain? Probably not that much.
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Saturday, April 25, 2015
In the common case that your top management believes that the primary scope of your ‘social’ media plan is to increase sales by 3% or brand recall by 2%, I strongly recommend to quite your company. If fact, the overall objective of social media marketing is to establish and maintain relationships with strategic audiences, and not to sell more (esp. in the short-term).